Wednesday, September 3, 2014

30 Days 30 Layers - Day 2 | Joy Snatchers


If we're gonna talk about Joy Snatchers, I could have a days long list for you...

Some of the major joy snatchers in my life are gossip, trust issues, unforgiveness, the fact that I'm a sensitive person who has her feelings hurt very easily, and on and on. But if I had to narrow it down to one, which I do for the sake of this challenge, I'd have to say that still dealing with hurt from my past, and trying to hurry along the healing process is my biggest joy snatcher.

There have been many things in my past that have hurt me, crushed me, and bruised my very soul. A lot of those things I still have a daily reminder of till this day, which makes it even harder for my wounds to completely heal. I mean, how can a physical wound heal if it is constantly being ripped open over and over again? It can't. The same goes for my emotional wounds.

It's not that I don't want to be healed and not have flashbacks or to be bombarded with things that leave me no choice but to relive the pain, betrayal and all of that; because I do. But at this point it just doesn't seem possible. It's not in my power to change some of it... that which I can, would have or has been... but there are things that I cannot change and get rid of that still rock me to my very core when I'm faced with it.

I don't think the pain will go away, as long as I have to face it on the regular. I really just have to try my hardest to leave it in God's hands, and pray that he gives me comfort in my time of need and sorrow. Everything happens for a reason... I'm not sure what the reason is for this joy snatcher, but I truly hope that I find out so that I can be   f r e e...



No comments:

Post a Comment