Wednesday, September 3, 2014

30 Days 30 Layers - Day 1 | Start. Stop. Continue



I'm a few days late starting this, but I've decided to take part in 30 Layers 30 Days, a self discovery challenge with GG over at All theMany Layers to dig deep within myself and learn more and grow more. I'm very excited to be doing this challenge, even if no one else ever reads it, I'm sure it will be a great way for me to get in touch with myself, my feelings and all that good stuff.


Start...


Being a stay at home mom who also home schools, I want to start setting aside time for myself to be by myself, doing things especially for me. Whatever it is that I choose to do, whether it's go to a solo movie, the park, the library, wherever...anywhere. I think I've become so wrapped up in being a wife and mother that I failed to take care of me. Like most wives and mothers, I've put everyone and every thing before myself for too long, and it's backfiring and resulting in a crabby mood, snippiness and a bit of depression.

Stop...

I want to stop allowing things to happen that hurt me. Whatever it is, or whoever dishes it out. I want to stop being Ms. Nice Lady and start putting my foot down and setting boundaries and actually following through with the consequence that I attach to those boundaries.

Continue...


I not only want to continue, but I need to continue growing closer to God. I find so much peace when I seek His face, and I see myself growing into a better wife, mother and all together woman of God. I want to be a vessel for Him, and I know that He has a purpose for me. But it's up to me to seek him so that His purpose may be revealed.


Stick around ladies...and gents? This is going to be good....




No comments:

Post a Comment