Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Good Eats | Turkey Chili


Attention: Any pictures marked with "Nina Mosley Type | Blog" belong to me, from another blog belonging to me.
I know this is the wrong season and Chili is not a popular Summertime food, but I have been craving Chili and Soup for a week or so now, and I finally decided to make some. It's as simple as regular Chili, just add Ground Turkey instead of Ground Beef, and I added black beans instead of kidney beans.

Ingredients:

Ground Turkey
Diced Tomatoes
Black Beans
Chili Packet
Red, Yellow, Green & Orange Bell Peppers
Red Onion
Seasonings of your choice (mine are pictured below)


Begin by browning your Ground Turkey and once browned, add in veggies (they're definitely optional).


Once the veggies are added, season the mixture to your liking. Whatever seasonings you use are totally up to you, the ones I used are pictured below.

Don't mind my hungry children in the background. :) And I definitely didn't use Mrs. Butterworth.

The order is optional, but I added in my Black beans first, gave it a stir. Then my tomatoes, another stir. And finally my Chili packet aaaaand another stir.


Put a lid on it and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or however long the packet says.


And this is my final result! I garnished mine with a little shredded cheddar, sour cream, and cilantro and it was delicious!
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment