Thursday, October 17, 2013

Good Eats: Linguine with Tomato Cream sauce, Spinach & Shrimp!



I posted a picture of this dish on my Facebook and Instagram pages a couple of days ago and got a lot of requests for the recipe. So instead of sending it to each and every person individually, I decided to post it here so that anyone could get it. Now, when I cook I don't use and precise measurements, I never measure anything, unless I'm baking, so the measurements listed here are estimates of what I used, not the actual measurement. So, here you guys go, enjoy! Oh, and if you make this, send me a picture so that I can see how yours turned out, or if you have a question, shoot me an email.



Get your stuff together:
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
1 can Diced Italian tomatoes (you can also use fresh tomatoes, I just didn't have any on hand)
2 tbsp Butter (Butter, not margarine!)
1 tbsp crushed Garlic
Half of a medium sized Onion (you can use more or less, to fit your taste)
Parmesan Cheese
Spinach (I used fresh)
Frozen or Fresh Shrimp
Linguine (or any pasta you'd like)

Get to Cooking!
1. Following the directions on the package of your pasta to get that going.
2. Heat a pot over medium heat and let the butter melt. Once it melts throw the onions in and saute them until their translucent. Then add the garlic, and cook it down in there for about 3-4 minutes, careful not to let the garlic burn. (if it does you'll have to start over because burnt garlic does not taste good)
3. Once the garlic and onion are cooked down, pour in the whipping cream, stir and let it come to a light boil, stirring frequently so it won't stick. Turn the heat down a smidge and let it continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes so it can thicken up. Once it has thickened up, you can season it to your taste and add in some Parmesan cheese and the can of tomatoes (or fresh, it tastes better). Lower the heat a little more and let it simmer.
4. Now, season your shrimp however you like, and saute them in a separate pan until they are light pink. I don't saute mine until they are cooked completely because when I throw them in the sauce they'll cook some more and I don't want them to be over done.
5. When your pasta is done, drain in and set it to the side.
6. After the sauce has cooked down add in as much Spinach as you'd like (I used about 1 1/2 cups) stir and let the spinach cook down. Then add in your shrimp and let it all cook together for about 5-7 minutes.
7. Lastly, add your pasta in the sauce and toss.
8. Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment