Thursday, July 25, 2013

Self Worth

Image via Google.

Self worth.
Something not enough women of this generation seem to have. Many feel some type of worth, but self worth? Not so much. Not that it's completely the woman's fault. A lot of factors play into it, the media being one and how it portrays a "beautiful" woman. Second in line are the men of today's generation who feel a woman isn't beautiful if she isn't half naked, or dragging a wagon behind her (big butt). These two things help to mold how our women view themselves nowadays. A lot of us feel we're not pretty if we're not up on the latest fashion, going to the hair and nail salon every week, or if the proportions of our bodies don't add up to 36-24-36.

I'm here to tell you, that is a lie.



I haven't always had the highest self esteem, or valued myself the way I should have, so I know all to well the lies and tricks the enemy will throw our way to try and knock us down. The sad part is, most women, no matter how much they try to portray their confidence, has some insecurity about herself. Even if it's something as small as the length of her hair. But what's sad about it is, knowing that we all suffer from insecurity in some way, we as women tend to tear each other down instead of empowering another. And I admit, I have been guilty of downing other women in my life, because I was suffering with my own insecurities. I didn't want to see them flourishing with what I wrongly felt that I was lacking. And that's why a lot of women fall into the trap of destroying one another. We seem to have picked up on the behavior of the young men who don't value the beautiful creation that a woman is. Our insecurities have us hating on each other instead of complimenting one another. Calling each other out of our names, instead of respecting one another. Gossiping and slandering one another instead of speaking life into each others lives. It has GOT to stop! It's tearing down individuals, it's tearing down relationships, races and this nation to be quite honest.

Now, addressing the social media outlets that have also begun to warp our minds. Posting naked/half naked/provocative pictures or statuses WILL NOT get you the type of attention or respect that you should be seeking. For one thing, if a man is the least bit interested in you because you post those types of things, what does that tell you about him??? That he doesn't respect you. Because no man with a sincere respect for a woman, whether he knows her or not, will not truly want to marry her if she is putting her body or her sexuality on display for the entire world to see. Because you better believe that once it's on the internet you cannot take it back. As soon as you press post, within seconds, someone is saving it to their phone, iPad or laptop. They have the full right to lust after you anytime the feel like it, even if you one day get married. Your husband won't be the only man ogling you, thousands, or millions of others are as well. There's absolutely no need for any woman to put herself on display in that manner, unless she's looking to sell herself to the highest bidder. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you have to post these types of things to get likes, comments or even attention, because they will not be coming from a pure place, or a pure heart. And if it's Gods will for you to become some mans wife, you should be preparing yourself for said man. And personally, I wouldn't want that man to be one that is lusting after women on the internet who he doesn't know, because what's to stop him once you're married?

We have got to stop looking at society's idea of beauty, because society looks at your outer appearance. God looks at the heart. You can be the most beautiful person on the outside and still go to hell, and you can be what society deems as ugly on the outside and be welcomed into heaven. Don't down yourself, or another woman because of what you can see with your physical eye. And take back your power from society and these boys who still have a lot of growing to do. You won't find your worth in them and you can't get it from them. Only God can do that, and he made you in his image, so there's no doubt about it that you're valuable in his eyes, whether you have no fashion sense, stretch marks, a flat butt or if you're obese. He loves you. He values you the way you should value yourself.

This blog post was not meant to offend anyone, that is the furthest from my intentions, I hope to simply open the eyes of those who need it. I pray that I have. Be blessed my sisters!


"For you formed my inward parts;

    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."
Psalm 139:13,14

No comments:

Post a Comment