Friday, October 25, 2013

Think Happy Thoughts

   "Happiness is a conscious choice, not an automatic response." -- Mildred Barthel

I've been on a quest to find happiness... but then again, who hasn't at some point in their life? Whether it's through a relationship, a career, hobby, chasing a dream, or even with how we view our bodies; we all have shed some blood, sweat and tears to be happy...

I've struggled for a while to genuinely be happy, not faking the funk or behaving in a way to make people think that I'm happy. And I've searched for it in all of the ways listed above. When I would reach a goal that I thought would finally bring me some happiness, I would fall short in a different area and then I would be right back to square one because everything didn't fall into place the way I wanted it to or when I wanted it to.

But I'm learning... I'm definitely learning that happiness doesn't come from your circumstance, it comes from you choosing to be happy regardless. It starts in you, not with what is happening on the outside, in the world. If you make a conscious decision to be happy, there's nothing that can take that away from you. You can have the worst day of your life, with everything falling apart, but if you decide that you're going to be happy, then you will be just that! I post a lot of inspirational quotes on my Instagram page, and I've been told by a few people that they enjoy seeing them everyday, but I have to admit, I don't only post them to give away positive vibes, I post it to see and claim positive vibes for myself.

As of recent, my favorite quote is "Think Happy Thoughts", simply because focusing on negative things will not bring forth happiness, it will bring you down even more and it will be even  harder to get back up. So think happy and BE HAPPY.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." -Phillipians 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment